Scoring a killer swimsuit for spring break and beyond is essential to your warm-weather wardrobe — you know that — but there’s another detail you might be overlooking: a standout cover-up. Transit to the beach or pool requires an outer layer that’s just as chic as the bikini or one-piece stunner you’re rockin’ underneath. And if that coverup is cool enough to double as an after-hours getup or everyday layering piece, all the better (more room in your suitcase for souvenirs or a few new pairs of spring break shoes and sandals). From technicolor rompers to effortless jumpsuits and beach babe shirt dresses, here are six ways to cover up in style this spring break (and all summer long).
1. Express Macrame Back Bralette Top ($40) and Bottom ($35) + Mara Hoffman Wrap Top Romper ($229): What better way to blast away those end-of-winter blues than with a romper soaked in vivid hues? Wrap detailing and a plunge neckline read Grecian goddess, partnering perfectly with the macrame accents on this jewel-tone suit. Make the transition from the beach to bar scene effortless with lace-up heeled booties and statement drop earrings.
2. Out from Under Plunging V Printed Women One-Piece Swimsuit ($72) + ASOS Stripe Rope Belted Beach Shirt Dress ($48): Bring outfit balance to the beach by pairing up a flowery plunge-neck suit with a striped shirt dress that feels fit for the French Riviera. Complete the look with an embellished straw bag, metallic Birks and a floppy hat for instant #OOTD gold.
3. Boys & Arrows Deb the Desperado Top ($106) and Shifty Sherman Pant ($110) + Nasty Gal Look Right Through Crochet Cover-Up ($68): When soaking up the sun is the only thing on your to-do list, bust out this coy crochet number. Toss it over your most show-stopping suit (like this sassy watercolor style) to light up your look with a pop of bright color. Undone waves and shades are obligatory.
4. Victoria’s Secret Strappy Flirt Bandeau Bikinis Women ($41) and Cheeky ($28) + Loft Beach Ikat Strapless Jumpsuit ($80): Getting your getaway getup right is simply a matter of mixing French girl stripes and a one-and-done Ikat jumpsuit that epitomizes classy and chic. When the sun sets, rock it with a sleek choker necklace and red hot lipstick for sippin’ margaritas with your toes in the sand.
5. Maaji Patchwork Long-Line Top ($74) and Bottoms ($65) + Forever21 Tie-Dye Romper ($16): Whether you’re hitting up the main stage to catch your favorite band or chilling by the pool, this tie-dye romper will see you through. For a bit of cool contrast, layer it over a color block bustier two-piece with a hint of retro flair.
6. Mod Cloth High Dive Ya Swim Some, Ya Cruise Some Top ($50) and Bottom ($40) + J.Crew Lightweight Linen Tunic ($85): Bring your prepster style poolside with a high-waisted suit and sweet gingham tunic that looks fly with cat eye sunglasses and messy crown braids.
Follow us on Facebook for more spring styling tips!