Sure, your dress is a huge part of your wedding day look, but there’s so much more to consider — bridal accessories, wedding day makeup and, of course, hair! Whether you consider yourself a boho bride or you’re more drawn to classic styles, your hair is a make-or-break detail that pulls your whole look together. That said, nothing short of show-stopping will do, but with so much inspiration out there, narrowing down the ultimate hairstyle for your “I dos” isn’t exactly a straightforward task. You have enough on your plate already, so we’ve done all the work for you, pulling together 6 drop-dead gorgeous wedding hair ideas. From beautiful braids to bombshell buns, scroll on for some serious hairspiration.
WEDDING DAY HAIRSTYLES FOR LONG HAIR
1. Romantic Floral Braid: Boho brides, this is your day-of ‘do. As if a don’t-care French braid wasn’t dreamy enough, pretty pink flowers woven throughout send the romance factor through the roof. It’s the perfect finishing touch for an ethereal Grecian gown or crocheted sheath style.
2. Voluminous Chignon: Nothing says timeless elegance quite like a classic bun, and this gorgeous style is no different. Add volume to the top and allow a few wisps of hair to fly free for a subtle, modern edge. Don’t forget the red lipstick.
WEDDING DAY HAIRSTYLES FOR MEDIUM HAIR
3. Crowned Classic Style: If an ornate updo just doesn’t speak to you, forget the fuss and embrace pared-down styles that pack just as much polish. A statement accessory, like this crystal headwrap, will make a classic half-up hairdo feel wedding-ready in seconds.
4. Ornate Headbands: Dress up a simple ‘do with a show-stopping headpiece that isn’t afraid to turn a few heads. A floral number like this will keep guests talking about your impeccable bridal style for years to come.
WEDDING DAY HAIRSTYLES FOR SHORT HAIR
5. Retro Curls and a Birdcage Veil: Short, sideswept curls and a retro birdcage veil are a match made in matrimonial heaven. The only thing missing? A cool cat eye and statement studs.
6. Floral Headband: Who says long-haired brides get to have all the fun? Flawlessly coiffed chin-length locks bring the wow-factor with a reverse crown of seasonal flowers.
Your Big Day is just starting! Check out all things about Weddings, and follow us on Pinterest for more beautiful + creative wedding inspo.